Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Monday, September 8, 2014: Daisy Hernandez talks about her new memoir

Lisa Detmer talks with Daisy Hernandez about her life and her new memoir, A Cup of Water Under My Bed. She reads excerpts from her book.

Daisy grew up in a Latina women centric family with her parents and aunties. She writes about her childhood and spiritual background in a mixed Latino family and community. Daisy says about her new book:

I grew up in New Jersey. That’s where I heard the best stories about Cuba and Colombia and this lady who knows how to eat an avocado so you won’t get pregnant. It’s also where I first learned about feminism, queer identity, and race in the Americas. You can read these stories in my new book, A Cup of Water Under My Bed: A Memoir. It’s in bookstores September 9.

Daisy will be reading from her new memoir tonight at Booksmith in San Francisco at 7:30 PM and at Book Passage at Corte Madera on Wednesday, September 10th at 7 PM.

Click here to listen to entire show. 59:50 min.

Also on today's show:
Exploring the experience of older homeless women

No comments:

Post a Comment